Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Official Interview ;o)

1. If you had to live in a country other than the US, where would you live? Why?

Ooh! I would have to say somewhere in Europe...probably France since I (used to) speak the language. Besides that, I absolutely love it there!! If I ever stop being terrified of flying, I cannot WAIT to go back again and bring Landon!

2. Did you always want to have kids? If so, how many? Has that number changed since actually becoming a parent?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I always wanted to have kids...or at least, I always pictured myself eventually having kids. I wanted to have two or three and that number is more or less the same after having a kid (The way my kid has been testing my patience lately, sometimes that number stops at ONE!). I change my mind all the time, though. Some days I want four (three in a row and then a midlife crisis baby). Sometimes I want to get pregnant one more time (just to see if it's any better than the last experience) and follow that kid with an adoption (or two!)...I want to adpot really badly! I guess I'm not being very clear in my answer here--Sorry! :oD I'll just say "I have no idea what I want" and when I figure it all out, you'll be the first to know! ;o)

3. If you had no children, what career path would you choose, if you were planning it today?

Ooh, good one! Well, let's see...if I had no children, I would NOT go into either of the fields I studied in college--Nor would I go into any field I thought I wanted to be in before having Landon. I learned the hard way that I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I don't have to prove that I'm smart. I don't have to prove that I can be rich or successful. Knowing what I know now, I would go back and do something I LOVE doing. I never quite grasped that I could actually make money doing what I loved until recently. Maybe I wouldn't have known any of that without having Landon. Having him also made me be interested in becoming a lactation consultanat or a doula or a nutritionist, but since the question asked what I'd be doing if I never had any children, I'd have to say, probably something involving art or design, fashion or entertainment. Will that suffice? :oD

4. Where is your favorite place to eat? What do you typically order?

I had to sit and think about this one for a minute because I LOVE to eat, but I have come to realize that I actually love eating at home best! I worked in restaurants for over ten years and that experience kind of ruined most aspects of dining out--ha ha ha! (Watch "Waiting" if you think you can stomach it!) I am also a pretty darn good cook, if I do say so myself, so I just pick out what I like and have it every day. Not to say we never eat out (we do plenty!)...just that home is best--and usually healthiest, too!

5. If you had to choose something you miss from your childhood, what would it be?

(This could get sappy!!) The first thing that comes to my mind is my Grandma. I still miss her every day. I miss playing outside every day and not wanting to go in until we had to. I miss climbing trees and feeling all cozy and safe at home with my parents and siblings. I feel like I just POOF became a grown up and sometimes I feel like I should still be a kid, having someone tell me what to do and taking care of me. :o)


Now it's your turn. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment including the words "Interview me." I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don't have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

Jennifer Carter said...

Hit me with your best shot, baby!

Interview me:)