Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Weekend Excitement

We have been busy as bees this weekend!! Phew! Last night we had all of the trick-or-treating excitement and today we went to a barbecue at our next-door neighbors' house. We had the BEST time!!! These people have a smokehouse in their backyard so we had homemade barbecue & ribs. They also made fried turkey (something I had never tried before, can you believe that? The world sucks when you're allergic to peanuts!) and all of the neighbors in the cul-de-sac came and brought a side dish. We stuffed ourselves (to that uncomfortable point) on macaroni and cheese, onion rings, hush puppies, baked beans and corn souffle...YUM! It was the best food I have had in a long time! They lit a bonfire and put the Clemson and Carolina games on t.v. while all of the kids ran from yard to yard, playing as hard as they could. It was so much fun! When we got home tonight, Landon told us wistfully that it was the best party he had ever been to (even in the absence of cake and ice cream) (and even though he got whacked in the face with a flashlight during a game of "Hunter" (don't ask...)and went home with a bloody lip....) ;o) Now, here is another overload of random pictures for you guys--I'll slow down soon, but since I FINALLY have my camera back after months of not having it, I have a lot to get out of my system!







5 comments:

Stacey said...

It's like a vegetarian's dream!

Mandy said...

I love your new header pic!

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! :)

Go Tigers!

Jennifer said...

Stacey--Yes, yes, my husband is the king of vegetarians (yeah right)--I think he ate the whole pig.

Mandy--Thanks! (Yay, the Tigers won--In yo face, Andy Pfaffl!)

Sharon said...

What a great neighborhood. :)
I may just STAY when we're there in December. Hmph!

Andrea said...

I want to live in a beautiful cul de sac.