Monday, October 13, 2008

Why I'm Frantic, In a Nutshell

No, THIS is me, frantic in a nutshell: "Help! I'm frantic. And I'm in a nutshell!!"....This Austin Powers moment was brought to you by Jennifer Pfaffl. (Applause, Applause)

Now that I'm through acting like a complete dork, I shall get on with my list:

(drumroll please...)

I am frantic because:

A. After Landon was playing with three of his neighborhood friends for about an hour, their mom announced that their daughter had been sick with diarrhea, a bad cough and a 104 degree fever for three days. Could be rotovirus, but they're not sure, she said. Hmmm. (When she made this announcement, Landon was riding around in a truck with this little girl)

B. Fast forward one day. Two other kids dropped by to see Landon when THEIR mom announced to me that their little boy also had a high fever (he'd been playing with the sick kid, too) and that they'd spent the previous night in the emergency room. Great.

C. Today, the mom of the first sick kid yelled from across the street that she hoped they didn't pass any of their germs to us because all THREE of their kids actually have strep throat and one might have scarlet fever (!!!!!!)

D. Now Landon is cranky, having diarrhea (not bad though, thank the Lord) and he's been telling me his teeth hurt, which always, always means he has a sore throat. Dang it!

Moral of this story: People of the cul-de-sac, I love you all dearly. I might even make soup for you tomorrow....but for the love of Pete, please, please, PLEASE keep the kids inside when they're that sick....Or at least warn a poor mom before she tosses her three year old in the mix. Hmph!

Helllllo, Fall!

4 comments:

Kim said...

That is one of my biggest pet peeves, too!!! If you have a sick kid, just be kind and say so...so I can decide whether ot not I feel like taking that risk! The kid has a cold, sure keep on playing. Scarlett Fever?!?!? Uh, yeah thanks we'll be going home now to decontaminate ourselves!! LOL!

I hope he's feeling better soon...I'll send you up some healthy vibes:)

Mandy said...

Uh-oh. Crossing my fingers that he is Ok!

Unknown said...

hope he's feeling better! I know what you mean about not warning people ahead of time!

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!