Monday, April 14, 2008

Mmmm...Choc-o-late Cake!!!

I am surprised we're not all grossly obese in my family. Seriously. My brothers are culinary GENIUSES and we are always coming up with new excuses to make something rich and delicious (and fattening and rarely healthy). Last night our excuse was "We're Bored" and we put together a four layer chocolate torte with bananas and fresh whipped cream in the middle and homemade caramel sauce everywhere it would fit--Yum!

It probably doesn't look that great in the pictures, but it was soooo good! I can't stop eating it and I'm making myself sick! Two hours til yoga class...and tonight I'm going to need it! Maybe all of the twisting and bending will help me digest this giant cake so I can breathe again.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

buuhhhhhhhhhhh

dadgummit, woman. That looks delicious.

Mandy said...

mmmmmm....that looks so very yummy. Send a piece to me!

Jennifer said...

Stacey--Yeah, now thanks to you and your blog, I am going to have to horse down a huge carrot cake next :oP

Jennifer said...

Mandy--Imagine if I really did send you a piece---Then you'd have to post the new and improved picture of the nasty slice on your blog to compare--ha ha ha! I know it already looked pretty sloppy just coming out of the fridge this afternoon...but I ate it anyway!

Kim said...

That looks A-mazing!!! If I lived closer to you, I'd just happen to be in the neighborhood and stop in for a piece :) Care to post the recipe?? Yum...now I need to go hunt down some chocolate. Damn you woman!

Sharon said...

Delicious. Maybe next time I'm in town or move there-whatever) they'll use my visit as an excuse. Whaddya think?

And hey-where are you doing Yoga?

Greg said...

Wow!! I am impressed! How many layers does that bad boy have?!

Jennifer said...

Sharon--I will load you up next time you're in town, believe it! Weight Watchers will fire you after I'm done with you muahahahaha!

As for Yoga--I go to a class that is a combination of yoga and pilates--It is led by an amazing woman from South
Africa--She has the BEST accent in the world and is hilarious! She's the first yoga instructor I've actaully been able to tolerate as far as yoga is concerned. I'll e-mail you the link so that you can feel stage two of "Make Sharon Want to Move Back to SC" :o) This woman will give anyone a six-pack in no time!

Jennifer said...

Greg-I say four layers b/c it sounds more impressive, but I guess it could technically be considered three :o) I'll make it for our first Office party if Sharona will get going on those shirts...

Andrea said...

My mouth is watering.. yummy! My weakness is cake. =)

*my hint work is trxsr *trixster* LOL!