Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fair Weather Neighbors

After living here for a few years, I'm starting to notice that the people who live around us are a lot like me: They don't like going out in the cold! Today we woke up to blue skies and light breezes and it reached a perfect seventy degrees by lunch time. All of the kids (who seemed to have been hibernating for the winter) came out of the woodwork to play in our yard. Instead of "kids", I should be more specific and say "boys" because out of about 17 kids on the cul-de-sac, we only have three girls. Since two of the girls are too old to play and one is too young, I was surrounded by wild, rambunctious, dirt-slinging, stick-flinging boys. It was crazy, but so much fun!

At the end of the afternoon, one teeny tiny Cindy Lou Who of a girl showed up to see what the boys were up to. I snatched a quick picture of her and her royal pinkness before going inside for a much needed rest. This is the most action I've had in weeks and I think I kind of overdid it....But it was worth it! Doesn't being outside on a gorgeous day bring a world of good to your spirit? It does for me. I hope the spring-like weather sticks around longer than a week (but still keeping fingers crossed for our annual snow day!)






1 comment:

Sharon said...

I can't believe there are that many kids on your street! That's wonderful! Did you know that before moving there?

I am totally jealous of your weather. I could really use a nice weather day, especially after our horrible day with Brennan yesterday! (hospital)
Send some my way, please!