Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day


"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." ~Sophia Loren,


"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." ~William D. Tammeus


“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”
-Tenneva Jordan

“The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.” -Henry Ward Beecher

“A mother understands what a child does not say.” -Jewish proverb

“Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Hawkins

“A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.”
- Emily Dickinson

“She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along.”
- Margaret Culkin Banning

“A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is."
- Keith L. Brooks

“Making the decision to have a child - It's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”
- Elizabeth Stone

“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”
- Cardinal Mermillod

"The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes one a mother—which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician."
-- Sydney J. Harris
















"A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them."
-- Victor Hugo

"Children are the sum of what mothers contribute to their lives."
-- Unknown

Charlotte Gray:
"Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate."

Oprah Winfrey:
"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."

"Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved."

"A good mother is worth hundreds of schoolmasters."
— George Herbert

My precious Landon, thank you for all of the joy you have brought into my life. Thank you for changing me in ways I never dreamed of changing. Thank you for reminding me to stop and watch the birds flying in the sky while we're outside. Thank you for sitting on the sidewalk with me and for watching in amazement while I let a caterpillar crawl up my arm. Thank you for making travelling more exciting, holidays more joyful, life more fulfilling. Thank you for resting your little head in the crook of my neck when you're overwhelmed and for showing me with one glance that I'm all the comfort you need in the world. Thank you for letting me be your guide, your audience, your playmate. Thank you for making Mother's Day so special and so significant! You are my love, my laughter, my life.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS WHO WILL CHERISH THE MEANING OF THIS DAY AS MUCH AS I DO!

No comments: