Sunday, June 5, 2011

Waiting for Toto to Run in My Front Door at Any Moment...

Thinking back through my life all the way to my early childhood, I can only remember it hailing maybe 2 or 3 times and it always felt strange--kind of wrong--seeing ice fall from the sky during such hot days. Since the weather started warming up this year, I think it has hailed pretty much every time we've had a thunder storm!

These are a couple of pictures Landon and I took of the hail that crashed down on our house this afternoon. It still freaks me out a little every time it happens (and I wince while the windows get blasted), but Landon is so used to it now that he celebrates every little chunk of ice he sees on the lawn the way most kids cheer for snow. Something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore!

No comments: